Thursday, July 07, 2005

.2012

That's .2012 seconds. The amount of time which elapsed between the announcement and my being totally sick of hearing about it. A new record; not even the new Doctor Who and Live 8 annoyed me as quickly.

But fear not, there are upsides.

1. I now have an impetus to spend the summer of that year - or rather the weeks the games are taking place - in the US. I've always wanted to visit New York...

2. I now have an even greater reason to never, ever read the Evening Standard again (when they called the Wal-Mart heir who died a couple of weeks ago an "Asda" family member I finally lost any shreds of patience I had with said rag).

3. If I had heard the news on Capital 95.8 (the city's main local radio station), I would have taken a hammer to the radio, and then gone down to Leicester Square and beaten the announcer to death.

4. John Williams might write more music for NBC's coverage that year if we're lucky.

5. We'll never have to go through this again. Or at least not for a very, very long time.

No comments: