Monday, April 16, 2007

Putting on the Ritz

On Wednesday it's Mum's 60th birthday, and we're going to go to have tea at the Ritz (unbeknownst to Mum, natch). All well and good, eh? Except...



...that I do not feel at home in formal dress. Never have.



Nor do I really enjoy spending so much time with so many relatives. I always feel uncomfortable in those circumstances; even as a boy I much preferred being curled up in a room somewhere at parties.

Then again, it is Mum's 60th. And at the very least, it'll be a break from World Cup Cricket and endless reality shows (I don't care about house makeovers, I don't want to watch weddings being planned, and I do not give a fuck about who's still in the running to be America's Next Top Model!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you strike me as a good son if you're going ahead with this despite being uncomfortable.

Three cheers for you, a happy birthday to your mum, and I hope it all goes well for all involved.