Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pinch, Punch, No Returns.


Today is the day that England goes smoke-free. That's smoke-free in public, of course. And in places of business and so forth. It's a good move (although it's a shame there are a few dedicated smokers at work, natch), but actually banning tobacco products and cracking down on them as hard as they like to say they're doing with guns, of course, is another matter altogether. I guess it's because the gun effect is more immediate and direct.

Today is also the day of the concert for the late Diana Spencer. So moving right along...

Today also marks the second half of 2007. And my goal is to make it better for myself. Yesterday marked the end of the first half of 2007; it was bucketing down and traffic was rerouted for the Gay Pride march. (Oh for the day when such things will no longer be necessary.) While I was traipsing around London trying to find a copy of the above illustrated magazine, it was raining constantly. I finally found it in Borders on Charing Cross Road.
When I came out, it had stopped raining. Coincidence? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a very happy coincidence!