Wednesday, December 22, 2004

It's All Downhill From Here. In A Good Way.

Today's Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year for a lot of people. From this point, the days start to get longer, and this terrible winter's days are numbered.

Being diabetic (which unfortunately is hereditary in my family - my grandmother also suffered from it), I'm even more prone to the typical ailments of the season than you lucky people; thus explaining why despite getting my flu jab early I still wound up getting a complaint. Coughing, sniffling, the works. And I go to work very early so I can straighten up the place a bit, catch up on work, and go online. And guess what it is in the morning? Yep, colder than Donald Rumsfeld's heart (now be honest, can you really accept an endorsement of his being a delightful human being from Emperor Bush?). Still, it's not like there isn't a lot of it about...

As the year winds up, some good things on the horizon. The full list of me and MuffinMan's ladies of choice is just about finished, Jennifer's new story is promising, and one good thing about being sidelined at home is that I get more time to look at CNN's Monita Rajpal. Someone should do a story with her... oh wait...


No comments: