Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Cuts both ways, sis.

Not for the first time, my sister has said that this is the last year we'll be together.

This isn't something I mind, mind - I don't want to spend the rest of my life with her either... but I wish I could get some things off my chest. Like how while a lot of the problems are my fault (and I'll never deny I'm no prize to live with), she has to take some of the blame.

Like her habit of complaining about every little thing. The major things I can understand; it's when she whines about someone taking a parking space, or acts like losing an earring is a major world crisis... get some sense of perspective, dammit! Bills, jobs, not having her own space - these are things worth ragging on me about.

Or her talking constantly when I'm trying to watch something on TV. How would she like it if I was conducting a conversation that was drowning out Two Guys And A Girl (which would be no bad thing)?

Look... I love my sister and I wish her no ill at all, but sometimes I wish I could take her advice and get a bit more backbone. Then maybe I could tell her how she irritates me sometimes.

But that's not fair. She supports me, so the least I can do is not verbally attack her. I did a lot of verbal blowing up as a lad, so that's why I don't talk so much as a man. That way, I intentionally only hurt myself.

Until I get to work, where I occasionally blow up there. I need to stop that as well... but then, who do I take it out on? Oh yeah, that's what the Internet is for.

It's okay, Shaz. I do love you; I just don't want to spend the rest of my life with you any more than you want to with me. It's just hard to break, that's all.

No comments: