Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Cindy Spot: "Charlie"

Before Revlon ended their long and happy relationship with Cindy (ostensibly for not having an exciting image, though it's also been rumoured that she was getting too old...hmph), one of the many spots she appeared in was one where she was required to appear with Little Richard for the fragrance "Charlie."

And sing in a duet with Mr. Penniman.


This did not go down well, I am told - I've never seen the spot myself, so I can't confirm if she was indeed the advertising equivalent of Naomi Campbell. But the fact that Cindy has never sung in public since then may say something. That and the fact that her Muppets Tonight! appearance had her doing "I Remember It Well" with Kermit - with her talking and him singing. Man's - and woman's - gotta know his - and her - limitations...

No comments: