Friday, October 27, 2006

I like bowling.

Last night I went out with people from work.

For most of you, that ain't new. For me, that's amazing because I almost never go for public things - Christmas parties? Uh-uh. Nights out? Not for me. But I decided to go bowling with a bunch of my workmates (the fact that I've taken today off helped - I live a lot further away than the others); sadly they had to cover for me fee-wise, but I can give it back.

So how'd it go? Well, it wound up with us playing two games (me and Anna had never bowled before so we were on one team with more experienced folks), and Anneza, whose praises I've sung before on this blog, explaining what the buzzing sound was when I overstepped the mark and had to forfeit my scores. Twice. I'm sure that's what cost my side the first match, especially since there were five of us playing a team of four. Curses.

But it was fun; us novices got better as it went on, and I actually got two spares (no strikes but that was to be expected). AND my team won the second match!

And I may have mentioned that Anneza looks like Michelle Branch. I have to recant; she looks more like Vanessa Lengies from Stick It and American Dreams. Which is fine with me, because I like her more anyway. (Showed up because of her? Me?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In other words, you showed up because of her and were a perfect gentleman, earning you brownie points?

I haven't been bowling in years... might be why the buzzer/forfeiting your scores is new to me.