Thursday, November 25, 2004

Random Rants And Raves

Rant: December will mark 10 years I've been in my current job, and I've seen a lot of people come and go. But one particular person who I would love to see go is Esther Ampofo - or as I privately call her, Esther A Mofo. (Rimshot!) Loud, annoying, thinks she's God's gift... as opposed to Karen Vinton, a girl I liked so much I even wrote her into a Cindy Inc. ("Last Woman Standing," as the maid with the hots for Angelina Jolie... which Karen expressed in real life, even unto the two of us going to see Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Cradle Of Life. Not a pleasant experience apart from getting to spend two hours in close proximity to her - and the music, but that's another post). Sadly, it's Karen who quit this year and not Esther... irritating on a level of my sister's boyfriend.

Rave: Michael Giacchino. For three years, he's been providing sterling musical accompaniment to Jennifer Garner kicking butt one moments and wiggling it the next on Alias (and bless J.J. Abrams for pushing to have the inevitable albums be all score - much as I adore Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I wish Joss Whedon could have been similarly insistent regarding Christophe Beck); now he's got his first movie assignment, and with The Incredibles he scored in both senses of the term - swinging and exciting by turns. For a series that's never been more than a true cult show, its participants sure seem to be going places. (And no songs, another rarity for a Western animated feature.)

No comments: