Monday, August 24, 2009

The All About How You Don't Have To Be Posh To Watch Privileged Post.

I had to miss Privileged last night, but Channel 4/E4/More4 has an OnDemand facility so you can watch episodes of this and many other 4 shows online (see also the BBC's iPlayer, ITV's ITV Player, and so on). So I head off to the site and prepare for more of the adventures of the engaging Megan and the Baker twins. (Unlike Gossip Girl, it doesn't revel in amorality and doesn't suffer from too many epically hateable characters - sometimes I suspect only the immense beddability of Blake Lively keeps me going. Which is probably why, unlike Gossip Girl, the CW isn't bringing it back. But I digress.)

Anyway, I went to the site but... um... it didn't play. Unlike ITV Player, where this kind of thing is to be expected, it refused to play because it said I wasn't in the area where it was available. Which would be fair enough if I was out of the UK (these things never go across borders), but I'm not, darnit. It's not like I'm trying to watch it on the CW's site. Anyway, until Saturday morning's repeat (or until the DVD release, which at least should have the episodes in their uncensored forms and no loud-mouthed announcer talking over the end credits and that blue bird at the end, but that's another story), that's your lot.

"Bye."

No comments: